LinkedIn Manufacturing Manager Profile Make-Over
The content in bold in the description should be copied and written into your LinkedIn profile summary and will no doubt appear under the 3 or 5 key responsibilities you list under your work experience.
Advertised Role Using 2 Manufacturing Manager Advertisements
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Production Manager or as a Senior Production Supervisor while working for a xxxxxxx facility.
- Previous experience working for a xxxxxxx manufacturer as a Production Manager or as a Sr. Production Supervisor.
- Preference for someone who has experience working for a xxxxx manufacturer.
- Experience developing, implementing and auditing standardised work instructions.
- Work with the Plant Manager to oversee the daily activities of the production area
- Ensures that ALL employees work in a safe manner
- Reviews production and quality metrics and identifies area for improvements
- Ensures that set milestones are achieved
- Ensures that equipment is functioning properly and works with maintenance
- Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proactive, with a high level of organisation
- Promoting process improvement
- Manage a team of approximately xx employees with knowledge and past experience of packaging, shipping/receiving and inventory departments.
- Coordinate post-production activities and resources.
- Plans and directs the daily operating activities of the resources in the production plant in accordance with established standards for product quality and operating efficiencies.
- Maintain excellence in service delivery and operations within a xxxx production environment
- Plans and makes regular replacement recommendations for equipment, tools and suppliers.
- Maintains effective working relationships with employees and assists with resolving issues as they occur.
- Selects trains and supervises employees to achieve the desired results.
- Manages performance by measuring and reporting on post production activities.
- Oversees the health and safety program for the plant and equipment.
- Plans and assists in safety meetings. Assures that safety practices and policies are trained, established and followed in the plant.
- Demonstrate a customer-first approach with ability to balance business needs, labour management, and customer requirements.
- Evaluates, makes recommendations and assists with driving revenue growth/cost control through the identification and implementation of process improvements and/or new products.
- Communicate and present post production results to Senior Members of the Leadership team during scheduled meetings.
- Be seen as a collaborative and credible leader gaining trust of team, peers and broader leadership team
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience delivering products and services to large organisations and small-medium businesses within a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years management experience, ideally from a production environment
- Demonstrated ability to transform and implement change effectively
- Experience overseeing Health + Safety programs, building security, as well as Business Continuity Planning
- Action oriented, self-motivated, accountable
- Strong communicator with exceptional leadership skills and ability to build rapport across all levels
- Proven ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and prioritise based on business needs
- Analytical, sound judgement and strong financial acumen
- Track record of introducing new products in production environment
- Able to travel as required
Key Words and Sentences For Your Profile
The following should appear in your profile:
able to travel as required
balance business needs, labour management, and customer requirements.
business Continuity Planning
collaborative and credible leader gaining trust
communicate and present post production results to Senior Members
demonstrate a customer-first approach
demonstrated ability to transform and implement change effectively
developing, implementing and auditing standardised work instructions
evaluates, makes recommendations and assists with driving revenue growth/cost control
excellence in service delivery and operations
experience overseeing Health + Safety programs, building security,
handle multiple concurrent projects
handle multiple projects
high level of organisation
identification and implementation of process improvements and/or new products.
identifies area for improvements
maintains effective working relationships with employees and assists with resolving issues
manages performance by measuring and reporting
oversees the health and safety program for the plant and equipment
plans and assists in safety meetings.
plans and directs daily operating activities
plans and makes regular replacement recommendations for equipment, tools and suppliers
promoting process improvement
reviews production and quality metrics
safety practices and policies
selects trains and supervises employees to achieve the desired results.
standards for product quality and operating efficiencies
track record of introducing new products
Example LinkedIn Profile Heading
In keeping with the standard 120 character spaces with the first 80 being the most important as name and headings are often truncated on profile or post updates.
Experienced Production Manager l Aerospace and Automotive l Skilled in Manufacturing, Lean, Safety, Quality TS or ISO (119 characters)
Production Manager, 2 site, 3 shift system, I complete projects using creativity, experience and organisational skills (119 characters)
Experienced Production Manager l Plant Operations l Engineer l Functional leadership and oversight for plant and budgets (120 characters)
LinkedIn Profile About Section Ideas
Ideas for your 3 Notable Achievements
Project Supervisor for $600K factory controls and plant upgrade of electrical and power utilities to facilitate new robotic assembly line.
Budget proposal and project owner for a new site compressed air and hydrogen gas system. Received Divisional Employe of the Year Award for high level of organisation.
Conducted building energy audits, compiled forecasts and negotiated with suppliers which resulted in over €600,000 energy savings across the plants in the UK, France and Portugal.
Guided development of corporate carbon footprint reduction plan at plant and responsibilities allocation to appointed staff whilst overseeing their training and acting as their mentor.
Directed successful relocation and upgrade of water and waste management operations resulting in improved recyclable and chemical recovery. Projected annual revenue resulting from process change $65,000
LinkedIn Profile About or Experience List Style
It is important that when you write to match likely LinkedIn search patterns by recruiters, you do so in your words and writing style.
Much of what is written in a job advertisement is comparable or in a slightly different form to your experience.
Your personal writing style could be for a preference for lists such as this:
- 5S/Kaizen Methodologies
- Multiple Product-line Management
- Cost reductions
- SAP ME Evangelist
- Corrective Actions
- Performance Metrics (KPI)
- Job/Production Scheduling
- Value Stream Mapping
- Procedure Development (SOP)
- Quality Assurance
- ISO xxxx
- Company Name Manufacturing certified
- LEAN Certified Trainer/Facilitator
- Certified Six Sigma Yellow / Black Belt
- ERP/MRP Systems
- JD Edwards
LinkedIn Profile Work Experience Ideas
Use Statements As Template – amend and reduce
Managed team of over 90 employees on Davenport and Acme Gridley Screw Machines while effectively coordinating activities to achieve the optimal, cost-effective manufacturing process methods in accordance with product and quality specifications, Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards.
As Molding and Tool Room Manager, responsible for overseeing the molding capacity, production planning and optimal workflows. The role included planning the replacement schedules, end of life replacements and new equipment acquisitions. Responsibilities included assessing personnel capabilities, machine and fabrication training as well as introducing 3D fast prototyping.
Supported the design side of change request for manufacturing with the new ERP and SCM systems. Frequently consulted with the Plant Directors, Change Review Board and Material Review Board for confirmation of different production configuration management changes. Tracked and logged project changes as well as their impact. Led team successfully and results included the adoption of 15 new manufacturing and production quality improvement methods.
Helping your job search
Nothing to sell you, just shared insight. You can unsubscribe any time.