LinkedIn Hotel IT Manager Profile Make-Over
The content in bold in the description should be copied and written into your LinkedIn profile summary and will no doubt appear under the 3 or 5 key responsibilities you list under your work experience.
The idea of fusing 2 job advertisements is to see how hiring managers express their role requirements and use of language
Remember the importance of the first 3 lines in your LinkedIn About or LinkedIn Summary section.
That together with your headline is important because the first 3 lines are in the initial profile decision viewing area. Very few click on more during a profile visit. They rely on the LinkedIn recruiter or candidate applicant tracking system (ATS) results instead.
Role Overview Using 2 Hotel IT Manager Job Advertisements
A permanent IT Manager is required to join a dynamic team at a prestigious hotel in xxxxx xxxxx.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has previous experience/knowledge within a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel or hospitality service.
Your role will be to ensure the professional running and maintenance of all IT systems and infrastructure within the hotel and provision of IT support to the staff and guests of the hotel.
This is an exciting role for someone who is already doing an assistant IT manager role and seeks to advance and consolidate their career in the 5 star luxury segment.
- Windows 7 and 10, Windows Server 2012/ 2016/ 2019
- Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or demonstrated on-the-job skills
- Certification in MCP, MCSA, MCSE or systems currently used at hotel preferred
- Networking (xxxx), DHCP, TCP/IP, Patching, Cabling, Router Management
- VoIP Telephony (xxxxxxx)
- Wi-Fi and VPN connectivity issues and support knowledge for multiple guest devices or business AV and conferencing desired.
- Strong customer care skills and ability to work under pressure, with excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation with a confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Strong teamwork and prioritising skills working to proactively support both hotel guests and colleagues with any IT related issues.
- Must be able to work flexible days/hours – some on-call duty is required
- Ensure that Department is managed in a fair and consistent manner to ensure that ‘working time’ policies are adhered to and all guest and business needs are met by the IT Team.
- Provide effective leadership throughout the department, develop a strong team culture and ethos which is visible to guests whose feedback confirms the high levels of guest service delivery and colleague training or team coaching.
- Communicate and achieve the hotel’s KPI’s.
- Hold regular meetings with direct reports, conduct formal performance appraisals (training provided) on both a quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensure agreed and appropriate outcomes resulting from quarterly or annual appraisals are communicated to all parties including hotel senior management and training managers as appropriate.
- Together with the Human Resources team ensure effective recruitment and selection (must include a skills or systems knowledge test) standards are met.
- Together with the Recruitment Manager ensure a robust and effective training strategy is in place within the IT department with a strong focus on induction, onboarding and cross department training.
- Attend, develop or facilitate hotel/team or department training sessions as required.
- Support Sales Director in proposals and technical support at corporate client presentations as required.
- Encourage and support hotel succession planning and colleagues with potential for promotion policies.
- Provide oversight to IT technicians to monitor backup procedures as well as source and procure new equipment to meet required hotel’s specifications at the best market price.
- Additional responsibilities include management of all printers, faxes, photocopiers, scanners and EPOS card terminals and their maintenance.
- Oversight with the Hotel Finance Manager and the Hotel HR Manager of employee and IT systems security, access and use in accordance with best practice and hotel policies.
- Maintain and test disaster recovery plan, alarms and update as and when required.
- Oversee monthly or annual IT Department budget, inclusive of payroll, expenses, training and Capital Expenditure.
- Execution of network security, stability, and survivability directives.
- Maintain Hotel’s PCI compliance status and provide quarterly/annual reports to General Manager as required
- Maintain professionalism and standards at all times for end users, guests and vendors
- Load and test all software upgrades
- Ensure data integrity on file servers and workstations through security measures, audit procedures, consistent and adequate backups, documentation and disaster recovery
- Perform installations including terminals, printers, modems, PC’s, boards, etc.
- Meet with users regularly to determine quality of service and identify needs.
- Perform on-going maintenance and emergency repairs of equipment.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of service, parts replacement, inventory, etc.
- Know locations of all pertinent computer and phone equipment.
- Plan, coordinate and execute special projects as necessary
- Plan, design, test, and implement configuration changes for servers and software
- Responsible for all data backup and restoration functions
- Researching technology solutions pertinent to ongoing or future IT implementations
- Maintain documentation of all systems, software and hardware
- Review Wireless network and usage
- Manage installation and future maintenance of SIP, VoWiFi networks and technology adoption
- Liaise and cooperate with the Telecom / Phone Operations Team
- Update and maintain department mailboxes and distribution lists.
- Coordinate service desk / ticketing end user system
- Plan and develop written policies and procedures for computer operations.
- Resolve system challenges and respond to user requests in a timely manner.
- Monitor daily logs and reports to detect recurring slowdowns, network abuse and/or errors.
- Adjust hours of work, priorities and assignments to ensure efficient operation.
- Minimise system downtime in a 24-hour operation.
Key Words and Sentences For Your Profile
The following should appear in your profile:
Adjust hours of work
Attend, develop or facilitate hotel/team training
attention to detail
business needs are met
Certification in MCP, MCSA, MCSE
Certification in systems
confident, professional and welcoming personality
corporate client presentations
customer care skills
guest service delivery
induction, onboarding and cross department training
IT Department budget
IT systems security, access and use
Maintain accurate and complete records
Maintain and test disaster recovery plan, alarms
management of all printers, faxes, photocopiers, scanners and EPOS card terminals
Minimise system downtime
monitor backup procedures
Monitor daily logs
network security, stability, and survivability
Networking (xxxx), DHCP, TCP/IP
Networking Patching, Cabling, Router Management
on-going maintenance and emergency repairs
Plan, coordinate and execute special projects
Plan, design, test, and implement configuration changes
potential for promotion
procure new equipment
quality of service
recruitment and selection
regular meetings with direct reports
Researching technology solutions
security measures, audit procedures
service desk / ticketing
Support Sales Director
Team culture and ethos
teamwork and prioritising skills
Update and maintain
Wi-Fi and VPN connectivity
Wi-Fi and VPN connectivity support
Windows 7 and 10
Windows Server 2012/ 2016/ 2019
work flexible days/hours
work under pressure
Example LinkedIn Profile Heading
In keeping with the standard 120 character spaces with the first 80 being the most important as name and headings are often truncated on profile or post updates.
4 Star Hotel IT Manager l B.Computer Science | CCNA l Cisco Networks l Microsoft Servers l On-Call / Shift Experience (120 characters)
Hotel VoIP IT Systems Manager Mitel Certified MCSE Cisco Meraki Microsoft Cloud PMS EPOS Upgrade Project Experienced (118 characters)
Resort Hotel IT Systems Cisco Networking Oracle Fidelio PMS Large conferences AV, Video, TV, VIP Security Networking (117 characters)
Enthusiast and Passionate IT Manager, Project Manager, Team Lead Focused on positive Business and Customer Experiences (120 characters)
LinkedIn Profile About Section Ideas
Ideas for your 3 Notable Achievements
Successfully define and implement family hotel group IT and service upgrade of 3 small townhouse hotels to consolidate IT technologies and to centralise VoIP and other applications to improve technology offer across all hotels.
Manage and responsible for function control of IT budget at luxury hotel and 2020 planned improvement in Wi-Fi networks and usage for better employee mobility and guest services response (Budget up to 1 Million €)
Project managed and led the swap out of an old Mitel phone system and replacement handsets to a new VoIP system in a 319 bedroom resort hotel.
Coached Engineering department staff to be able to handle 1st level housekeeping reported technology faults. Reduced service and maintenance costs by 25% in 12 months and transferred one person from Engineering into IT team.
Implementation of HRIS (Human Resources Information System) based on SaaS and integrated successfully into hotel and group environment
Responsible for hotel corporate network (800 users)
LinkedIn Profile About or Experience List Style
It is important that when you write to match likely LinkedIn search patterns by recruiters, you do so in your words and writing style.
Much of what is written in a job advertisement is comparable or in a slightly different form to your experience.
Your personal writing style could be for a preference for lists such as this:
- IT infrastructure systems and security
- Solving computer, system and network related issues
- IT Support for employees on servers and network core
- Linux infrastructure systems
- Virtual environment ( Microsoft, Vmware )
- Storage Area Networks
- Real time service monitoring 24 x 7
- Cisco switches and router configuration
- Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP)
- CAT 5e or CAT 6 Cabling Upgrade Projects
- Team Building
- Fidelio Opera / Oracle
- CRM Integration
- Excellent guest or customer service skills
- MS Server Virtualisation – Windows Server Hyper V
- MCTS – Windows 7, Configuration
- Network-Attached Storage NAS
- Network Security
- Incident Management
- VMWare vSphere
- Call Centre Reservations
- Microsoft environments (AD, MS Servers, Scripting, IIS, Clustering)
- Microsoft Applications (Office, Outlook, VBA)
- Web Development (Coldfusion, ASP, jQuery, Ajax)
- Call Management (TMS, Jazz)
LinkedIn Profile Work Experience Ideas
Use Statements As Template – amend and reduce
Provide all types of technical support to Hotel guests and colleagues. This includes (Chromebook and Windows 7 and 10), OS support, Cisco Meraki network (wireless access points, firewall, internet connections – guest or corporate), server support, cloud systems and user support, internal reporting and exception reporting.
A dedicated Information Technologist with a wide-ranging and practical experience in Hotel systems and Guest facing and serving technologies.
10+ years experienced as IT manager with ability to clearly and credibly express perspectives, ideas and facts, Customer oriented and at ease in customer centric multicultural environments. Work with diplomacy and flexibility and maintain a positive “can-do” attitude even in the most difficult or stressful times. Strong people management and relational skills, very good sense of humour. Strong sense of ownership as well as a team leader or player.
Helping your job search
Nothing to sell you, just shared insight. You can unsubscribe any time.